Why is the blood in my pad have a foul smell and why do I have a pain in tummy and under my rib cage ?

Hi, I m 36yrs old and currently have my period. It has been quite heavy for a week now and I ve noticed that the period on my pad has been smelling foul when I go to change it. I ve actually noticed that it s only the period on the pad that smells bad despite changing it very frequently. I ve also been having diarohea for the past few days and a bad pain in my tummy which comes and goes during the day. The pain only lasts seconds then disapears, then comes back every few hours. I ve also been having pains under my left rib cage for the past 7months and the pain is more apparent when I lie down in a certain position. When I press on it, it feels very tender almost like a bruise and it s painful. Could you please help me.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011