Why is tail bone in pain? Have scoliosis. Is that the reason?

I have ongoing pain in the tail bone - much worse at night, so much so that I have difficulting rolling over or getting out of bed, once up seems to ease. At night I also have pain in hip and cannot stand to have my knees touching - in other words night is not what I look forward to. I do take some sleep medication but at around 2 or 3 am, the pain awakens me and that is it for the night. I have scoliosis , and some degeneration in my lower spain but in the past have not had much pain from those conditions.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012