Why is swallowing better when I press hyoid bone? Why am I thirsty always?

I am a 54 year old female. I am a registered nurse. I have noticed in the last year when i swallow i have a lump in my throat. It has become more noticable and now i notice i am really thirsty during the night. So much it makes me up and i keep water by my bed. My labs show a slightly elavated uringe glucose 109. Thyroid panel normal. I have done a glucometer in the mornings and it stays in 85-95. I notice if i press right above my hyoid bone under my chin my swallowing is better. I do not know to make an appointment with a ENT or Gastric specialist. My PCP iam sure will just refer me to a specialist. I have appintment with her in October. My physican i work with has check my throat no goiter . Maybe i need my esophagus stretched, but why i am i so thirsty, my age menopause?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012