Why is sex unbearable? What is the right time of OCP?

Hello Doctor , Igot married last year november and right now my age is currently 26 yrs, i am having two question : kindly reply me 1. at the time of having sex i had a lot n lots of pain at that time its not bearable....only because of pain i dnot have a complete sex yet from past 10 months, some time on the side areas i am having rashers also 2. Kindly tell me what is the proper time of use OCP i am familion , is afterhavi
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012

Thank you for posting your query.

1. regarding pain during sex, the common causes can be infection or pelvic inflammatory disease. A gynecological examination can be helpful.

Sometimes, it could be a condition called as vaginismus, in which the muscles in the pelvic area become stiff and painful, during intercourse.

2. You should take OCP regularly to avoid pregnancy. In emergency situation, i-pill may be used within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar