Why is my upper eyelid swollen and blood shot in my eye ?

I m a male who is 18 years of age, and have never had optical issues in my history or that of my relatives. Recently I had woken up with a hair caught in my right eye, it took an hour and a half of washing and rinsing the eye to finally flush the hair out. The days following I was left with a bloodshot eye and a swollen upper eyelid. About a week after the incident the swelling and the bloodshot eye began to clear up. Though recently my eye has become just as bloodshot and my upper eyelid even more swollen. I do not feel any pain in or around the eye, only a small amount of pressure . There also seems to be no discharge from the swollen eye. I had an allergy cold not too long ago and was wondering if that may have had any effect on my problem.
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
dear.. allergy is always associated with itching.. if there is no itching, thn its nt due to allergy.
better u shd tk advice of ophthalmologist.

it might be due to some retained foreign body or due to mild infection.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As there is no pain and some exudate coming out,it is more likely that you might have got irritation and some allergy to your eye.
History of common cold is there so due to cold there may be allergy.
Put anti allergic drops in your eyes.
If there is no improvement then consult eye surgeon.
ok and bye.