Why is my seven month old sons stool green in colour ?

Dear Doctor . I am asking for my 7 month old boy. his stool is in green colour what may be the reason is any need to consult a child specialist .
Asked On : Wed, 31 Aug 2011
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Stool color other than clay, bloody is normal in any child.
During first 6 months when baby is fully on mothers milk, depending on the absorption stool color will vary from yellow to greenish yellow to greenish
After 6 months,once u started the child on additional foods like spinach, leafy vegetables sometime it may change into green color.
no need to worry.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum
it is normal to have green stool in breast feed baby
it is also due to mother takes iron or lots of green veg.
if there is fever ,diarrhea,or other problem than need to consult doctor
otherwise it is normal

i hope i answered your question
General & Family Physician Dr. Swaroop H S's  Response
hello girish ,
change of colour stools in the children s not a problem to worry unless its blood streaked , make sure any usual diet has been changed for ur boy , also usually the colour of stools in babies usually varies so nothin to worry , give the usual food tat u r givin from before , if u r too worried thn u can consult a paediatrician .