Why is my period delayed for so long? Why headaches and dizziness?

For the past five months, I have not had a period. For six years, my periods were long and heavy but the same time every month. I have also lost weight and my hair is brittle and falling out. I am dizzy when I stand up and I get headaches alot. Also, I am constipated. However, I urinate almost every hour. Sometimes I get a strange feeling in my throat ..what could this be
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Hello..Carefully going through your narration puts a few differentials in my mind , you should undergo Transabdominal ultrasonography to look for any lower abdominal pathology including pregnancy, you can also do a urine pregnancy test yourself to rule out that. Please get your thyroid hormone level check because your narration is favouring its altered state. As you are having urination problem get your urine test done, you might be having urinary tract infection,but the most important thing is to look for any pathology in uterus(especially to rule out pregnancy) and your hormone level as you are complaining of amennorhea sine five months with weight loss which is very likely in altered thyroid state.