Why is my hair fall severe? Using pantene. Recommended?

hi doctor ! i am priya nw i am stdyng 12 th std i am getting so much of hair fall which is coming directly from my root of hairs my mom was advicing just by sayng that it wiil grow later like the leaves fall in tree which will grow later as a biology student i tried a lot bt no use nw i am using aswini hair oil and pantene shampo plz help me ............
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there Priya. I read your description & history & want to first reassure you that in a way your mom is will grow...whether like the leaves of a tree, that is debatable ;-) Hair loss of upto 50-100/day is Normal. Secondly, use a broad toothed comb & DONT handle your hair too much or tie tight plaits or buns..leave it loose. I am not a big fan of any of these oils because other than aiding the 'lustre' of the hair, i find they dont help at all in hair 'growth'. Please do a simple Hemoglobin test & /or iron test (TIBC) & free Iron & if less, then you may take some iron supplements as it is one of the commonest causes of hair fall. Do a google search for the kind of foods you will enjoy eating & accordingly, make sure you eat a healthy balanced diet rich with silica & other trace elements & Biotin...this will help your hair growth in the long run. You are still young..dont worry the hair will grow. Stress is not a good fertiliser so Stop worrying & please use a shampoo only twice a week & not more as it contributes to hair fall. I do hope i have given you some useful tips to grow or keep your hair from falling. For more info, please feel free to contact us through this portal using our 'ask-a-doctor' package or feel free to visit us at ur clinic. Cheers & Good Luck Priya!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India