Why is my fathers legs and hands not working properly after a paralysis attack ?

Dear Sir MY FATHER WAS SUFFRING FROM PARALYSIS SINCE LAST ONE YEAR, NOW HE IS NORMAL BUT PAPA S HAND AND LEGS NOT WOKING PROPERLY,(chal fir nahi sakte apne aap) NEED YOUR ADVOICE, thik ho sakte hai puri tarah ? Thanks Rajesh mishra m_rajesh08@rediffmail.com
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
hi
yes there is chance of recovery as he is normal
only thing to do is exercise under observation of physiotherapist
his muscle need to be stimulated gradually and in proper way
do nt do delay in it
ask ur papa to be positive and give full support during exercise
no medicine is needed now
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
hi
welcome to hcm
hv you tried out physiotherapy?
if not go in for that
if your father has absolutely no movement in his hands and legs muscle stimulation( physiotherapy modality) can help.
the physio will design an exercise programme which he has to follow.
more the exercise better the result
atleast he will be able to carry out his ADL"s ( Activities of Daily Living )