Why is my baby trying to hurt me?

Why is my 6 month old baby trying to hurt me? I want to know why he does it. I know it's somewhat normal for babies to hit, punch, etc.. He pulls on my face, it hurts, he hits me, it hurts, and I think no matter what you say, he knows it hurts. I want to know what is the reason babies do this. You know, the psychological reason. :) Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

in fact babby doesent know that it hurts, it is the play of the child with mother, more he hurts more he is liked by the mother

Anonymous's Response
I have no idea but I wish there were more replies to this one... my baby does the same thing!!