Why is lincocin tablet taken ?

hi! is a lincocin tablet for human use? what s the effect if it is taken in human?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011
Hello jocelyn;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Lincocin is a tablet of antibiotic by name of Lincomycin which is used in case of gram +ve infection;staphylococcus;streptococcus infections of respiratory tract;skin and soft tissue;bone and joint infection;etc.It is safely used in human being and in very few people it can cause mild side effect like colitis;diarrhoea which reverts after stopping of medicine.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Yes lincocin is a good antibiotic used for multi resistant or special infections in humans. It is a reserved antibiotic and is not used routinely It has mild toxicity for liver and kidneys and should be taken only under medical guidance.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal