Why is Zapiz 0.25mg taken after having a panic attack ?

what is zapiz 025mg? My age is 31, weight 43kg, hight 4.11 , Gender Female, Two months back I had a panic attack
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011
welcome to hcm
zapiz is an antianxiety medication. your doctor must have given to control your panic attacks. in case you feel better now get in touch with your doctor and see how long he or she plans to continue the tablet based on your current status.
hope this is helpful.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query.
Zapiz is Clonazepam.
it is used to treat anxiety and nervous dis order.
Ok and bye.
Psychiatrist Dr. AGRAWAL Ravindra's  Response
Hello dear,

Zapiz is Clonzepam - often given in order to help with anxiety disorders. Panic disorder is a form of anxiety disorder.
I must however like to inform you that Clonazepam is a short-term fix. It is usually given as an adjunct to medicines like SSRIs or Clomipramine - which are primary medicines for anxiety. Long term use of Clonzepam can cause dependence on it.

If your doctor is a psychiatrist he/she must have given you a medications as referred above.

best wishes