Why have I not got my periods even after taking S.T.Mom tablets for 3 days ?

its 7days past since my last cycle has ended and yet my periods have not arrived...i was worried if i as pregnant ...in the last seven days i had douton T.P. for four days evrynight...i even had S.T.mom(misoprostol)200mcg....2 tablets 3times for the last 2 days...my gynaecologist prescribed it to be taken for three and i will be counting it till the 3rd day...i perform my pregnancy strip test every days and its shows up negative...i am still worried if i am pregnant.When will my periods arrive?do i need to do go for some thing else to avoid watever the complikcation is??
Asked On : Sat, 17 Sep 2011
Dear Aden,
Thanks for query,
Ideally pregnancy test should be carried out after 8-10 days of your expected date.
You have gone for test too early.
Now after 2-3 days go for test.
To confirm go for blood hcg test.
Ok and bye.

3 users find this helpful

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hi,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
first of all you go for an urine pregnancy test.it will tell whether you are pregnant or not
i dont know why your doctor prescribed you misoprostol , though you are only 7 days late
if your test comes negative try to consult a good doctor and find out the cause .sometimes it get delayed by 4 to 5 days
take care

Psychiatrist Dr. Alok Ranjan's  Response
ADEN,
I WILL ADVICE YOU TO CONSULT ANOTHER GYNECOLOGIST AS THE DRUGS PRESCRIBED BY HER FOR M.T.P ARE UNNECESSARY AND UNWANTED AT -LEAST BY MY KNOWLEDGE,ALSO THE TIME SHE TOLD FOR PERFORMING ANOTHER TEST SEEMS A BIT EARLY.DOCTORS DO NOT GENERALLY ADVICE STRIP TEST AS IT IS NOT CONFORMATORY URINE ALPHA F PROTEIN TEST IS 100% CONFORMATORY.
NORMAL DELAY IN CYCLE DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN PREGNANCY,ANEMIA OR HORMONE IMBALANCE CAN BE ONE CAUSE.