Why have I not got my periods after taking meprate tablets ?

I am 27 yrs old with height 5.4 and weight 76kg female here. I took tab meprite 10mg on 7-4-2011 for 5 days prescribed by doctor to regulate my cycles. I am sexually active and I did ultrasound and UPT both were normal. Still I haven t got my period. When wil I get my period?? I am worried.. Thank you my LMP was 26-2-2011
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
hi welcome to health care magic!as you took meprate on 7/4 took for 5days then when you stop the tablet within 4 to 5 days you get your periods.for irregular periods you concern gynec
OBGYN Dr. Kalyan Datta's  Response
Since your weight may be slightly on the higher side, your periods could get more irregular and come at longer intervals of 60 to 90 days. Pregnancy can be ruled out for the time being, but the biochemical process takes at least 10 days after an unprotected exposure, before the UPT comes positive. Best is to repeat the test after another 7 days, say on 15th or 16th with an early morning sample. If still negative you could take Tab Regestrone/Primolut N 5mg thrice a day for 7 days and await periods. For the future, try to reduce weight to 72 kg and take protection if you are not planning on pregnancy.