Why has my periods delayed with cramps in my stomach ?

Hi, my period are delayed by 22 days, I am getting cramps in my stomach from last 2 days but no periods, Can you help me out?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Nov 2011
Delayed periods could be due to any stress, illness, any changes in your work schedules, medications if you are on, PCOD or hormonal disturbances, Anemia, being under/over weight, if you are peri-menopausal and of course if you are pregnant.
Kindly get your self tested by a Gynecologist who would help you better.
Dr Gowri

General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response

delayed periods can be a sign of pregnancy, harmonal imbalance or due to stress. I would advise you to consult a gynecologist in this regard. I would suggest you to do a pregnancy test if you are doubting it. Also i would suggest you to do a ultrasound of the abdomen, blood LH and FSH levels done. It will help us to identify the cause for the same. I hope i have answered your query. Take care