Why has balls area been hurting? Why is the groin in pain? Why can I not strain?

I am an athlete, I play baseball, i wear compression shorts. recently my lower area around the ball section has been hurting(sore). I dont think its a hernia because its not so much a groin pain. Im wondering if its because of one of my last games where I didnt where compression shorts but i wore boxers instead (that particular game I did run alot more than usual making freaquent sprints on the base path and field. I am the fastest on my team so I do run above par. Im wondering if its just a strain or if I simply overdid my last game because I can still run but I feel soreness when I do? Its not excrusiating pain either so Im wondering if you could help, or if going to see a doctor is a must. One more thing I didnt do a full out stretch like a normaly do so im wondering if you could tell me if this is a contributing factor to the soreness(strain).
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012