Why eating an indian meal makes my father experience an angina attack ?

Does anyone know why eating an indian meal makes my father experience an angina attack? My father is 60 years of age and has had a triple heart bypass about 5 years ago. The symptoms of angina disapeared for a while after his operation but unfortunately returned. He has angina attacks when very emotional and if subjected to cold conditions. More recently tho, eating a meal such as his favourite chicken tikka massalla have also brought these attacks on. Does anyone know why this is? All feedback would be welcome. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009