Why does vagina smell like fish?

OK im sorry i know this may be very digusting and im sorry for asking but I NEED TO KNOW. it s smelled like this for 2 years and i always thought it was normal and supposed to smell like that. recently i just mentioned it to my mom and she s like no no u must have an infection! what infection could it be and what can i do to treat it? it also is very itchy By the way, I already got my period I wash it 2 times a day And... I m a virgin guys, it s not from sex... Shell B. sweetheart, this is a question website. (: (BTW if you didn t notice)
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
You could have gotten an infection from the bacteria in your period. Sometimes if you wipe the wrong way germs can seep into the vagina..causing an infection. You should go to a Gynocologist and let them do a probably need an antibiotic..but dont let it go for to much run the risk of infection spreading to other areas.
Hope you get better are to have to deal with this! Get Mom to make an Appointment!!
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Vagina should not smell so bad. Do you masturbate? May some foreign has got left inside.You need to get the foul smelling discharge examined as it is most likely an infection. Meet your gynaecologist ASAP.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
  Anonymous's Response
You are not supposed to me dushing or washing your vagina. It has a natural pH that kills off infection and bacteria. so when you was it, you leave your bodie open to sickness. it might just because of your self cleaning practices :<
could be a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. Go to the gynocologist.