Why does throat hurt to swallow? Why is breathing hard? Take benadryl?

Hey, I went to the doctors today...well the ER to get checked out for my throat . It is extremely closed up and it hurts to swallow and breathing is very hard. My chest feels tight and I keep getting stomach cramps. I have tried taking Benadryl and it s not working anymore and I am only 18 years old so I am extremely scared at this point. I need help ASAP. The Doctor I went to in the ER tried telling me that I was fine but I don t believe it.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012