Why does the heart skip beats some time?

I have a healthy heart but it sometimes skips a beat what does this mean? IT USUALLY HAPPENS IN THE EVENINGS AND FREAKS ME OUT.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
SKIPPING BEATS OR ECTOPIC HEATH BEATS CAN ONLY BE APPRICIATED BY A SPECIALIST WITH HELP OF STHESTESCOPE,SELF REALISATION OF SUCH SENSATION ARE MERELY PSYCHOLOGICAL IN NATURE,MENTAL STRESS AND ANXIETY CAN BE ONE REASON AND IT IS SOMATOFORM DISORDER,IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HEART,STRESS MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGICAL GUIDENCE IS ADVISIBLE.
God i love it when people who know nothing put the frightners on people and say "something is wrong... your gonna die.. blah blah blah" Believe me hun, it's nothing to wory about... lots of people encounter this problem, and it's not your heart skipping a beat per say... I'm a MSc forensic biology student... soon to be starting med school... i'm not trying to impress you, but i have covered this stuff in my universtity classes.... what happens... is ... everyones heart beats at a steady rhythm.. (beat, rest, beat, rest, beat, rest...etc) but what happens some times... your heart will have an irregular beat due to blood flow into the heart... so rather than going beat, rest, beat, rest etc.... it will go beat, rest, beat, beat, rest... (i'm doing the sound effects here!! lol) and rather than struggle to catch an extra beat.. (beat, rest, beat, beat, beat...) it will hold longer before beating again to get back into the steady rhythm ... so your heart isn't really skipping a beat... it's had the beat.. but a little too quick, so what you actually feel is the lengthened resting period you heart takes before getting back into the regular beat rhythm. as for it happening in the evenings, it is most likely to happen while your body is resting... it happens to lots of people and really is nothing to worry about... however, if it does make you feel more comfortable, visit your GP (he will explain to you what i just did... hopefully in better detail lol) if you want further information on it, feel free to mail or IM me, i'll find my notes for you. stay safe jorja xx