Why does my son get red eyes while eating eggs, beans and milk and what is the treatment ?

Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Hi Paul,

Welcome to HCM.
Your son may be allergic to one or all of these food items.
If red eye is seen only when he eats one of these, then he should avoid eating them.
If he constantly has red eye, then you must consult an ophthalmologist and get a detailed examination done, to pin point the cause for red eye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your son might have allergy to this things.most likely due to protein whch these contains.
Avoid these things in the breakfast or in the meals.
If red eyes are more put anti allergic eye drops and give phenargan syrup.
ok and bye.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. Redness of eye after eating the foods mentioned indicates ur son has a food allergy so he should avoid these as it can b harmful , may in rare cases cause more severe anaphylaxis(allergy).Does ur child have any other allergy, dry skin,asthma etc?If yes i suggest u see a pediatrician becoz ur child cud be having a condition called Atopy.