Why does my mouth smell ?

sir my mouth used to smell wat to do to remove it sir my mouth used to smell wat to do to remove it
Asked On : Sun, 2 Jan 2011
Dentist 's  Response
First of all it should be understood that malodor is caused by many reasons like decayed teeth, poor oral hygiene, gastric problems,Sinusitis, liver disorder, diabetis, smoking, alcohol consumption, tobacco chewing. You should consult a dentist to check for any problem in your oral cavity.If the problem is due to calculus and plaque it can be removed by scaling and polishing of your teeth. Flossing of teeth and tongue cleaning using tongue scraper should be done daily.
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
Bad breath can be due to a number of causes like :-
Local factors like oral hygiene (Improper brushing technique,food lodgment on the tooth surfaces,smoking, etc) or
Systemic factors like Diabetes, Gastric refluxes resulting from dietary components rich in garlic, onions etc.
The first thing is to visit your Dentist and get the cause of your condition diagnosed. Also get a professional cleaning (scaling/Oral Prophylaxis) done. Maintain good oral hygiene by simple procedures of brushing twice a day, rinsing and flossing after every meal. Start using a mouthwash regularly and drink plenty of water thru the day.
Take care....
Dentist Dr. Nikhil Dutt's  Response
First of all maintain a very good oral hygiene by :
1. brushing twice daily and before gooing to bed
2. get professional cleaning done by a dentist
3. use a mouthwash like Colgate Plax Total or HiOra Regular once or twice daily
4. brush your tongue too with a soft brush after brushing your teeth daily
5. use a gumpaint containing chlorhexidine like hexigel
6. use toothpaste containing Delmopinol like Decapinol

All these steps will get rid you of the bad breadth.

Dentist Dr. Sanjeev Jindal's  Response
There can be so many reasons for the same. For the time being brush twice daily, use mouth freshner and leave habit of smoking or chewing tobacco if any. Consult your nearby doctor as soon as possible or send me all the details.