Why does my knee hurt awfully when pressure is applied? Am I okay?

I can no longer kneel because the area below my knee hurts something awful when pressure is applied to it. I have no problems with my knees, just the area below the knees. I don t believe this was caused by any injury or trauma, but one day when I knelt I was suddenly in excrutiating pain and have not been able to kneel since.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
it can be a prepatellar bursitis. it is accumulation of the fluid in the knee joint which is painful and causes difficulty in kneeling. I would suggest you to show it to orthoapedic surgeon. it may need ultrasound examination. He may adviced you to get needle aspiration of the fluid or steroid injection. Some time surgical excision of the bursa is also needed.