Why does my heart skip beats when I work out

I work out three to four times a week and my hear is skipping beats during rest periods. It has gotten worse latly. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM
There are all the chances that you may be having ventricular premature beats
which is giving you the feeling.This you can confirm by recording your pulse even
where you will find missing pulse.It may be benign not of much significance if very
ocassional.But to see your doctor is must to rule out major cause for it. Thanks
Maybe. What you shouldn't do is ignore it. You need to see a doctor and have a cardiac workup done. MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!!!