Why does my heart beat fast?

My heart just out of nowhere starts beat so fast and hard, that i can feel truth all my body. Is it that serious?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Rapid heart beats known as palpitations can occur due to many factors.. Few of these occur due to physiological cause such during a severe stress, emotional, anxiety, physical exercises and other factors.. A few of them can occur due to medical problems such as anaema, hyperthyroidism, infection, heart problems and so on.. So only further evaluation will tell you about your problem and the treatment options...