Why does my arm hurt without any reason ?

i woke up one morning with a sore neck from sleeping weird, normal thing, sore all day from neck down right shoulder and upper right arm..still sore the next day, then on the 3rd day i banged the same right, lower arm (on top) just below the elbow, at work, not terribly hard, but enough to hurt pretty good..so now ive got the upper muscle area of my right arm hurting STILL as well as the lower..what is my problem, besides being a clutz.? no bones sticking out, no bruising, the pain feels like someone punched the 2 areas, and whats weird is that as long as im busy working or typing like im doing now it doesnt bother me...uuuggghhhh..help?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Dear anonymous..
Thanks for choosing Healthcare Magic.
As I see it you sure woke up on wrong side of the bed the other day. It seems a slight spasm of your muscles must have caused the initial discomfort, which due to lack of proper rest must have aggravated. There also seems to be a neurological component unless you dont have tingling or pin pricking or burning parasthesias in the distal part of forearm and hand. Having said that I suggest you stop using a pillow for some time (or use a really thin one), give a nice hot fomentation to the neck and arm, avoid the aggravating activities like lifting heavy objects, and lastly take frequent stretch breaks at work. If it still persists..I'll tell you some investigations, the reports of which you can mail me at atulosteoblast@gmail.com
Have a good one