Why does heart beat fast making breathing difficult? Is it a heart disease?

my heart beats really hard sometimes and it makes it really hard to breathe FOR NO. REASON. it even does it when i m not active - just sitting around watching tv. i don t have anxiety, and i don t have symptoms of a panic attack, so what is this and why is this happening? i visited my doctor today, but it wasn t acting up when i was there so she said we couldn t do an EKG . it s been really bad today; my mom wanted to take me to the emergency room , but i didn t want to overreact if it was just a small thing. my family does have a history of heart disease , by the way. my dad had a heart attack and my sister has SVT.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012