Why does eye Cyl change from positive to negative ?

I have been wearing glasses with a -.50 Sph in right eye and -.75 in left. I noticed my eyes were changing so I had my eyes examined again a year later and the prescription was -.50 O.D., -25Sph., 180 axis. -50 O.S., -25 Sph, 165 Axis. I was told not to get new glasses because the changes were small. I again had my eyes examined five months later and the prescription is -.75, +.25 Cyl, 90 axis right eye and -.75, +.25 Cyl., 75 axis left eye. My question is why would the Cyl. Change from + to -?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Welcome on hcm.
You must get youelf examined by an good eye specialist as per you family physician advice.