Why do pilonidal cysts reoccur ? Are they dangerous if they are not removed ?

Hi, I was wondering if having a pilonidal cyst that acts up from time to time and not having it cut out is very unhealthy? My cyst came back around a year after having it removed, but due to being cut on, it doesn t hurt anymore when it comed back. It acts up then pops on it s own and drains with no pain or anything. Once it heals up, I may not have it come back for months at a time. I ve had it for around 8 years or so now.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011