Why do not I have my period yet ?

I turned 13 years old about a month ago and my breasts are about 34bs. I m supposed to be 5 10 and I want to start growing! I m getting underarm hair and all. I ran cross country, track, and did soccer last year but I m not too ... in shape this year. But I m still not overweight . I have a muscular runner s body...but why don t i have my period yet ?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
You sound like my twin (minus 10 years)! I went through the same thing... I ran track, cross country, and soccer all the way through college. I didn't start my period until late 16, almost 17. I started high school at 5'1", small bust, and with a skinny, athletic build. I finished high school 5'11". Now, I'm 23, 5'11", 34D, and skinny with curves yet athletic... A LOT changes. THE ONLY REASON WHY I am telling you this is because I was quite frustrated and (kinda) depressed about my body in High School. I was really inhibited by it. I don't want you to be that way. I'm happy to be a late bloomer. Feel lucky, you'll peak later in life...I'm glad I didn't peak in the 10th & 11th grade...must be a bummer. :) Try not to worry about it...(I know, believe me, that this is easier said than done)...but take it from someone who (sounds like) has been through the same thing. You'll grow and your body will catch up (the guys will too...) ;)