Why do my knees pain when I walk or run ?

my knee really hurts when I walk or run on it. I have a biathlon on tuesday, its been hurting for over a week
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Hi,thanks for query.You have not mentioned you age.In general cause of knee pain are,age related wear and tear in the joint,some trauma,some infection,lack of exercise or heavy exercise etc.Please look for the cause.You can apply some analgesic oint over the part,avoid sitting on floor and climbing stairs during pain.Take analgesic for pain.Avoid the activity that increase the pain.Still if problem persists visit your doctor.
wishing you good health.