Why do my hands and legs sweat a lot ?

Dear sir , my hands and legs are sweating by birth and i have a lot of problems with this how can i get a solution . my age is 31 years
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
This is known as hyperhydrosis, it is a common condition due to excessive secretion from the sweat gland.
aluminium chloride hexahydrate is a good medicine available for this , you could contact your doctor and get a prescription.You may need to apply this during bed time for 8 to 10 days successfully.Anticholinergic medicines are also helpful , if your not benefited with medicines ,last resort is to go for surgery called sympathectomy.

This is only a symptomatic condition and nothing to worry much if you can deal with it.

Wish you good health
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
You are suffering from Hyperhidrosis, it usually affects the palms of the hands, soles of the feet and underarms. Besides disrupting normal daily activities, hyperhidrosis can cause social anxiety or embarrassment. Don't worry, fortunately many medical and surgical options are available to cure this condition. You can try Aluminium Chloride Antiperspirant cream over the areas you most sweat, in the night, make sure the areas are dry before you applying. It may cause itching and irritation, so wash it off in the morning. If you develop skin irritation apply Hydrocortisone cream. But before doing all this, get yourself examined by a Doctor first.