Why do my eyes tear when I have a bowel movement ?

Why do my eyes tear when I have a bowel movement?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answer depends on for how long are you facing this problem and other history questions and examination for which you need consultation.It may be due to straining-commonest cause.check if
if you have been constipated for long.
if u have irregular stool habit.
if u have irregular diet intake.
if u are not taking enough of fluids -water esp in hot weather.
if u are not taking enough fiber-salad.
I have no constipation. I have no pain. It appears that I am crying and am not. It's a question I have always wondered about becuase my dad used to make fun of me for it. I was a small child when it begain and I am now 47 years of age.
ok then thats why I asked for how long u are getting this? Tear glands may get stimulated due to act of defaecation-bowel movement since childhood.You neednot worry about that as long as you donot have pain ,constipation,irregular bowel habit or any other problem in stools.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Fatima Clinic's  Response
During chewing /eating ,this problem has a scientific/medical reason but during bowel movements it doesn't seem to be related with medical problem.There is treatment available in Homeopathy because it comes under peculiar symptom.Better you contact a good homeopath.