Why do i suffer from pregnancy symptoms like nausea and dizzyness even though my home pregnancy test shows negative ?

I am two days late and took a dollar store pregnancy test that came out negative Is it possible I took the test too early or should I just assume Im not pregnant and will still receive my period I am 37, have had regular on time periods for the last few years. Always starting on the 23rd. I am hispanic and come from a long line of late menopausal women (45-50) with large families. My husband and I do not use birth control . I have been dizzy for the last 3 weeks, mostly at night and when I get up from a sitting or lying down position. I do not have any of my regular premenstrual symptoms like achey breasts, upper leg or abdominal cramps. I normally start these symptoms one week before my period. I do get nauseated at certain smells but only the last few weeks.. approximately the same length of time as I ve been dizzy. Anyone have suggestions or answers?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011