Why do i get tickling sound while walking ?

some tickling sound is heard while walking or bending knees and has no pain.May I know any remidies regarding this.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

welcome to hcm

the clicking sound u r talking about is known as crepitus.

may i know ur age?

if u r old then there can be knee joint arthritis.

take an Xray knee

try static quads and hams exercises.

hot water fomentation can help.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for query,
You have not mentioned your age.If you are elderly then this may be due to artheritic changes occuring in the joint and lax surrounding muscles causing this problem.
In the young lack of physical activity,exercise,injury to the joint in the past are common causes.
You go for Patellar exercise to strengthen the muscles and ligaments,go for exercise 10 mnt in the morning and 10 mnt in the evening.
You keep elasto crepe bandage or knee cap on the knee during the day time,remove during night.
ok and bye.