Why do doctors prescribe glycomate and folic acid ?

why doctor prescribe glycomate and foli acid
Asked On : Mon, 29 Aug 2011
Welcome to HCM.
Glycomate is for control the blood sugar level and folic acid is to prevent the neuritis in diabetic condition.
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Kananika,
Glycomet is metformin which oral hypoglycemic drug used in treatment of type 2 DM,
folic acid is vitamin which helps neural and RBC development and cell division.
take care
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hi kananika,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
glycomet contains metformin. it keeps control of your blood glucose level. blood glucose level is increased due to pcos
folic acid will increase your chance of conceiving
in addition try to do regular exercise and diet modification which will keep your weight in control. weight control will increase the chance of conceiving
take care