Why do breasts burn while feeding ?

Im 26, 5 feet, 51 kg. I m having burning in my breasts during breast feeding my baby. I even used to cry when breastfeeding .
Asked On : Sat, 17 Sep 2011
Hello.welcome.It could be either milk engorgement of breasts or may be cracked nipples.You should use both the breasts for the feed alternatively lest milk engorgement takes place.If nipples are cracked then you can apply MASSE cream on them.Good luck
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you might have cracked nipple or may be some soreness on the nipple.
there may be engorgement of breast due to more milk collected.
Clean your nipple before and after breastfeeding.
If soreness or cracks are there apply antibiotic cream and clean the nipple before feeding.
Ok and bye.