Why do I severe stomach pain late at night after having dinner ?

I have severe stomach pain that occurs late at night, well after eating , and can range from upper, lower, to the entire abdomen accompanied by gas and belching . There is bloating and tenderness of the affected areas. There is no relief any more from antacids and it lasts for up to 6 hours in which time i cannot lay down at all due to the pain. The episodes have become more frequent and severe causing me to be unable to sleep or lie down.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011