Why do I have trouble socializing? Why does my behavior end up badly?

Dear Doctor, For the past few years, precisely about 2 years, I find it very difficult to greet some people. I am able to socialize with my Friends and there is no difficulty when greeting my friends but when I try to greet some of my Father’s friends (say 75 % of my father s friends) and some other s, it seem like something stops me from greeting and socializing with them. Also I hesitate to look at them after a glance and try avoiding them. I think my face also turns a little hostile, in such situations, which puts the other person off. Most people today are considering me arrogant or hostile, which I am not. I respect them, but I don’t know, what makes me feel so hostile towards them. Also after such an incident, which usually occurs daily, I feel very bad of my behavior towards them. Because we meet daily at the prayer hall, this has become an everyday activity, so everyday I am feeling bad of my behavior towards others. Also when talking to some people I am not able to speak fluently, but when I talk the same things to myself, I don’t hesitate but speak fluently. Can you please help me with what condition I am suffering from and what is the cure for that? Please Note : I have won several awards for giving speeches on stages, but I dont know what happens when I meet some people in person.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012