Why do I have skin flushing and scary irritating and itching marks?

Hello sir, I m from India and at the age of 27. I have been suffering from occasional skin flushing that causes itching and redness for about five months besides developing some long scary marks (it does not cause irritation or itching) in the front part of my underarm about which I have never consulted with any physician. Is it due to increase of cholesterol in blood? Please suggest a solution for the problem. I shall remain grateful to you.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012