Why do I have scanty menstruation even after testing negative in the home pregnancy test ?

i m 21 yrs old and sexually active. i had protected sex on the 6th and the 21st of feb . i was due to be on my periods on the 22nd of feb. i missed my periods n took a hpt which came out as negative on the 4th followed by meprate for 5 days from the 6th to 10th (march). Again i took two hpts on the 14th and the 18th, both came out as negative. i have been having dark-brown to reddish discharge with clots about 1-2 cm big, but scanty in nature(which can be seen only when i clean myself and i do not have to use much of a sanitary napkin) from the 16th till now(its been 8 days). am i pregnant? or is it some other problem? please help. P.S. : i have a irregular period cycle which generally comes in gaps of 30-35 days.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011