Why do I have itching on my body after bath ?

i am 20years,weigh 84kg and have itches on my body after i have taken my bath.
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic forum.

The itching may be just a prickly heat. It can also be a reaction to any new soap you might be using please give the specific details or get checked by your nearest dermatologist.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
I have to tell you to getout itchiness is often the sign of excessive dryness precipitated by cold or dry air, soap and bathing in hot water.
When the skin is very dry , it loses the protection of natural oils. which makes the nerve more sensitive [ thats your itch ].
So, grab a towel , pat yourself till you are only damp and then slather your body with a rich lotion that contains lactic acid , glycerin or panthenol.
As water evaporates off your skin , it leavves it drier than before your bath or shower. Apply lotion to damp skin locks in the moisture.
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist Dr. Sneha's  Response

Itching is an immune respone to allergic substance. You must have got exposed to some kind of allergen during your bath like flies/ chemical irritants in water..
Also sometimes it might be due to the dusty air/ allergen in the food if have taken any before the bath...
Just look through the details of your routene to find out what could have allergy? Once it gets confirmed you can avoid that happening..
For now you can take an antihistamine orally also can apply Dermi cool powder. and keep skin dry and do not expose to sun/hot temperature

Sama wellness clinic