Why do I have heavy bleeding and pelvic pain after taking birth control pills ?

I am 25 (no children or diagnosed chronic health issues). About two years ago I switched from the birth control pill to the Paraguard IUD . About one year ago I started having a very heavy menstrual cycle that occasionally will happen twice a month. I am having pelvic pain during these times of bleeding and often in between. I am also having pain during intercourse , to the point that it is distracting and occasionally impossible to enjoy myself. (I have never had pain during intercourse in my life, but this has been going on for about 6 months.) I went to a gynecologist after having an ultrasound (regular and vaginal) that came back clear of any obvious disease. He told me that my weight was the issue (5 7\
Asked On : Sun, 27 Feb 2011