Why do I have brown spotting and missed periods ?

i have missed my period for 4 days now, i tried getting a test but i did the test last night. i found out it was negative. and what confuses me is that im experiencing brown spotting for 3 days already within the week im expecting to menstruate. will i have the test be done in the morning again?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
If pregnancy test is negative then it is unlikely that you are pregnant. The delay in periods may be due to some hormonal disturbance or stress which needs to be properly investigated before giving any treatment. It would be ideal if you repeat the pregnancy test after few days to be completely sure. Take care.