Why do I get pain at the back of the neck along with numbness in the hand as soon as I wake up ?

My age is 34 yrs and I have a pain from last 2 years at back side of my neck. Earlier it was once in 2 or 3 months for max 3 days, but now it it is regular. It happens on both side, starts from just below the Ear upto shoulder . Presently my pain is from last 15 days, it pains more just after wake up from bed. I consult only once a doctor about this and it doubts about Spondylitist. Last year I also felt a sensation on half portion on thumb of my right hand. My question, is it a serious problem ? To whom I consult in Kolkata, India ?
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011