Why do I get goosebumps all the time regardless of the temperature?

I have had an issue for years . I get goose bumps all over my body all the time regardless of the temperature. I have been on the beach in 90+ degree weather and will have goose bumps all over. I was in a restaurant this evening that was very hot, and after I walked in (also very hot outside), I had goosbumps for 10 minutes, while people I was with were sweating from the heat and huimidity. I often get goosebumps when I walk down a hallway. It is embarrassing, and people think it is quite strange. WHen I walk into an air conditioned building, I get gossebumps absolutely the second I walk in, while others enjoy the change from the outside heat. WHat could be causing this?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Hi Julian,
Welcome to HCM,
Goose bumps or goose skin whatever you call it is a reaction of the body to environment.
It is the contraction of very small muscles the numerous Erector pili mucles which are there in the skin particularly around the hair follicles.
The change in environment can be anything cold, warmth, blowing of air, touch, sudden sound, threats, fear, rage all of them are well known causes.
Sensitivity of every individual is different. Some like you get goose pimples by slightest impulse and others would withstand strong cold weather.
You can try heavy exercises and yoga to bring down your sensitivity but no drugs are effective.
I hope you would find it helpful.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.