Why do I get extremely heavy periods which occur twice or thrice a month and last for 7 or more days ?

Hi I am kayla I am 21 I am 5 feet 1 inch long I weigh 120 pounds and I have issues with my menstrual cycle I have 2 to three a month they last 7 to 14 days long and they are extremely heavy just recently I ended up in the hospital because I got really dizzy and passed out on my aunt the thing is I do not have anemia I have been like this since I was 8 years old and I pass clots a lot when I am not on my period I am discharging what do I do? maybe I should add I am not sexually active.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Sep 2011