Why do I get a warm fuzzy feeling when it rains ?

Why do I get a warm fuzzy feeling when it rains ? When it s precipitating and gloomy outside, I feel warm and energetic inside but any other sunny day I feel depressed and bored. Is this common?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Welcome to HCM!

I have read your query carefully and I can say from my clinical experince that you have mood problems associated to seasonal changes.

In usual seasonal disorder, one has gloomy feeling and lethargy during winters and cloudy weather. In your case, you feel better the other way round, which is quite possible, it can vary with different people.
I think you should meet a psychiatrist as it is well treatable.
bupropion 150-450 mg is usually seen to have good response in this illness.

Hope the reply is helpful

Feel free to ask more questions
Dr. Manisha Gopal