Why do I feel like urinating a lot? Why are there traces of blood?

Hi I m 18 years old with no other health issues, I feel the need to wee a lot  And I struggle to wee  When I do wee I feel the need to wee again even if my bladder is empty and I have traces of blood when I wee  But I don t know if the blood is caused my this or the factI ve just started taking the pill  I sometimes get a sharp ish pain When I stand up or sit down  I thought it could have been cystitis and got over the conter medicine for it it it hasn t helped this has been going on for about 5 days 
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012