Why do I don't understand what i'm studying but only memorize ?

I have a problem in studing i cant undestand but i only memorise! what should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Aug 2011
meomorising without understanding is as good as you dont study at all because very soon you may just forget it. First thing you should do is whenever you dont understand anything dont feel shy to get it clarified from the taechers of the subject. dont restrict you self with the thoughts of what your teacher, classmates will think if you ask any doubts or whether your doubt itself is worth asking. For understanding any subject when you study just try to visualize the situation or process, take realvant situation where it may be practically applicable and in some cases how it is realed to our daily life. If all these factors does not work consult a \psychologist to understand the cause of your problem

Clinical Psychologist
General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You can talk to parents, friends or teachers to whom ever you feel you are where close,tell them your problem so that they can sit with you when studying and help you.
Try doing group studies with your friends.
Wish you good luck.